Monday 19 November 2012

Link: Senshin and the Five Spirits of Budo

Here's another great article that Sensei Norm Robitza posted on his blog recently.

Karate isn't just a sport like badminton or curling, it's a lifestyle that involves not only physical training, but mental and spiritual aspects to the training as well.  Students who find themselves resonating deeply with the environment of martial art in their early days of training would do well to read about the Budo aspect of karate, thinking of ways they already incorporate the mindfulness principles into their training without really knowing they were doing it:

Senshin - The Enlightened Mind: Senshin and the Five Spirits of Budo: I have been asked what Senshin means and why I chose it for the name of this blog. Senshin is one of the Five Spirits of Budo. Budo, for t...

Future blog posts will have me pontificating on how the Budo concept of Shoshin has influenced my life since I first learned about it as a low-level kyu rank.  It's had far-reaching impacts in my life and how I think about the world.

But, that's a topic for another time...

Osu from Winnipeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment