Monday 19 November 2012

Link: The Sensei - movie review

It's been a few years since I've picked up true martial arts movies to watch.

It's only hardcore karate nerds who have ever watched them with me.  Some MA movies are so laughingly horrible aside from the fight scenes that "normal friends" haven't been able to tolerate sitting through it all.

At any rate, the first blog post on my new blog is to remind myself of this one that Sensei Norm Robitza recommends to fellow martial arts nerds.

I'm going to have to see if I still have Karate Bull Fighter in my movie collection, too, now that I'm thinking about it.


Senshin - The Enlightened Mind: The Sensei - movie review: The Sensei was one of my favorite movies. This film made me laugh and cry. It is not centered around the martial arts as much as other mov...

1 comment:

  1. I made a list of my collection the other day and have over 150 videos with Martial Arts themes. Some I didn't want to count unless they had more than one martial arts influence. For example, Highlander is listed in some places as a Martial Arts film. I thought about it and the sword play is obvious but there are characters who are Martial Artist so I left it in. I didn't add stuff like the Expendables just because Jet Li and Van Damme are in them.

    I have Karate Bull Fighter and Karate Bear Fighter but have never really watched them. Here are a couple to look for....the namesake of your blog, Karate Girl. The story was horrible but Rina Takeda and Tobimatsu Hina are amazing young Martial Artists. Also look for Kill or Be Killed and Kill and Kill Again. Again these story lines are dreadful but what is amazing about these films are the actors, Shihan Stan Schmidt and Shihan Masahiko Tanaka appear in them. Both also feature members of the South African JKA.

    ReplyDelete